Thursday, December 13, 2012

Merry and Bright: Baking Party and Holiday Puppy Chow.

It's no secret around here that I love Chex and doctoring puppy chow.  Well, I did it again.  I whipped up some Holiday Puppy Chow to share for a baking party I attended last week.  It was our 2nd annual holiday baking party with my favorite law school girls.  Everyone bakes something, we split it all up, and you walk away with a variety of delicious goodies!  So fun!



Holiday Puppy Chow
adapted from Chex Muddy Buddies
1 box Gluten Free Rice Chex cereal
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
3-4 cups powdered sugar
1 bag dark chocolate M&M's (holiday version)
1 bag mint chocolate M&M's (holiday version)

I use a double boiler but you can easily use the microwave.  Pour the box of cereal in a big bowl and set aside.  [Note: I used two bowls to make it easier to mix.]  Melt the chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter together and mix well.  Pour the melted chocolatey goodness over the cereal and mix until the cereal is fully coated.  Dump the mixture into a brown paper bag.  Add the powdered sugar, fold the bag, and shake it all up until the cereal is fully coated with powdered sugar.  Pour the puppy chow on baking sheets to cool and mix in the M&M's.  Store in an airtight container.  

I made three batches of this and gave away 11 quart-size bags of Holiday Puppy Chow.  Hopefully the girls enjoyed it as much as I did!

Here are a couple of the other goodies that were made:

Peppermint Almond Bark

Pretzel Turtles
 I wish I would have gotten a picture of all the goodies!  Can't wait for next year's baking party!  Do you have a favorite treat to bake around the holidays?

xoxo,
Alex


P.S.  Follow me on Instagram @amcampion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...